Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
When you are in a business dispute or your business requires legal assistance about a problem or impending legal dispute, our commercial litigation lawyers and small business dispute resolution lawyers are here to help. An experienced litigation lawyer from Stevensen Business Lawyers can advise, assist and represent you from the outset in any business law dispute, whether it is a dispute with your business partners, your landlord, your suppliers, your customers, employees, a government authority or others.
We can advise you on your legal position in a business dispute, including your rights against other parties in a transaction, the type of claim you can make to recover money owing to you, or to stop conduct affecting your business negatively. When you are at the receiving end of legal action, a claim or a potential claim, we can give legal advice on your likely defences to the claim.
If you are thinking of resigning from a business partnership or leaving a company, we can assist you prepare an ‘exit plan’ with the aim of containing an existing dispute with the remaining partners or shareholders, and cohesively put forward your position to the other partners or shareholders from the outset.
Stevensen Business Lawyers has a proven track record in providing advice and representation on a wide range of complex legal issues and difficult business disputes, with a combination of strategy and tenacity. We work with clients to arrive at practical solutions to business disputes in a way that achieves our client’s objectives and taking into account legal and commercial necessities.
As experienced and results-driven commercial litigators, where litigation is required to resolve a dispute, we will fight hard to get the best possible outcome for you, whether it’s a more complex legal action or a straightforward debt recovery claim – and manage the process to minimise the stress involved in business litigation. Most importantly, we can find the best way to drive your matter to a settlement sooner and get the result you want.
Why choose us to represent you in a commercial dispute?
- We are experienced commercial litigation lawyers committed to assisting you to resolve a business dispute quickly and efficiently.
- Stevensen Business Lawyers has a track record of success assisting businesses in resolving disputes earlier and cost effectively through negotiation, mediation or arbitration in a cross section of industries including: retail, hospitality, publishing, IT, media firms, entertainment firms, accountancy firms, and franchisees.
- We endeavour to run cases in a way that is suitable for your situation and resources.
- Our commercial litigation law firm can draw on the specialist expertise of a number of Barristers from the Commercial Bar in Sydney, New South Wales (NSW), such as Counsel providing an advice on prospects of success where there is a complexity of legal issues arising from your business litigation.
- Where a negotiated settlement is not possible, we litigate a dispute promptly and rigorously in courts and tribunals including: the NSW Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal (NCAT), Local Courts Sydney, the NSW District Court, the NSW Supreme Court, the Federal Circuit Court, Sydney Registry and the Federal Court of Australia.
- As litigation lawyers in Sydney we have experience in Federal and State Courts and Tribunals, and Local Court (Downing Centre Sydney) and we will work hard to get the result you seek, in all areas of business law including commercial litigation.
The types of commercial litigation & business dispute resolution processes in which we can assist
Contact us today with any questions you may have about a business dispute, including any one of the following:
- Debt recovery actions generally,
- Issuing or defending a Statutory Demand for Debt against a company,
- Urgent Court Applications for an injunction to stop adverse action by another party, or the destruction of evidence (Mareva Injunction), or to preserve assets in the possession of another party(Anton Piller Order),
- Security for Costs Applications against a non-resident litigant,
- Enforcing previous Court Judgments,
- Breach of Contract disputes,
- Commercial and business disputes,
- Franchising disputes,
- Strata disputes,
- Company Disputes and other disputes between owners of a business,
- Shareholder Disputes, Partnership disputes, Joint Venture Disputes,
- Equipment Hire disputes,
- Defamation claims and Privacy breaches,
- Claims against Company Directors for Insolvent Trading,
- Breach of Directors Duties proceedings,
- Intellectual Property disputes: copyright infringement, trademark infringement, passing off action, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidentiality obligations,
- Commercial Lease disputes, Retail Tenancy disputes,
- Legal action against Borrowers and Guarantors,
- Supply of Services disputes,
- Sale of Goods disputes,
- Sale of Business disputes,
- Consumer and Australian Consumer Law litigation,
- Fraudulent conduct, misrepresentations, misleading and deceptive conduct,
Disputes with Suppliers or Creditors,
- Government Decisions, Administrative Law, Compliance and Regulation law,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): mediation and arbitration,
- Professional negligence litigation.
If you need advice on any legal matter involving a business dispute or commercial litigation, please contact us for an initial obligation free and confidential discussion.