Dispute Resolution & Litigation
WHY CHOOSE US TO REPRESENT YOU IN A COMMERCIAL DISPUTE?
- Stevensen Business Lawyers has a track record of success helping businesses resolve disputes speedily and cost-effectively through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration across a wide range of industries, including: retail, hospitality, publishing, IT, media, entertainment, accountancy, and franchises.
- We run your case in a way that’s suitable for your situation and resources.
- When advice from Counsel is needed about complex legal issues, we can draw on the specialist expertise of a number of Barristers from the Sydney Commercial Bar.
- Where a negotiated settlement is not possible, we will litigate your dispute promptly and rigorously in any appropriate NSW courts and tribunals.
- As Sydney litigation lawyers, we have experience in Federal and State Courts and Tribunals, and the Downing Centre Local Court. We’ll work hard to get results for you in any area of business law or commercial litigation.
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION & BUSINESS DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESSES WHICH WE CAN HELP YOU WITHContact us today with any questions about business disputes, including:
- Debt recovery actions generally,
- Issuing or defending a Statutory Demand for Debt against a company,
- Urgent court applications for injunctions to stop adverse action by another party, or stop the destruction of evidence (Mareva Injunction), or preserve assets in the possession of another party (Anton Piller Order),
- Security for Costs applications against non-resident litigants,
- Enforcing previous Court Judgments,
- Breach of contract disputes,
- Commercial and business disputes,
- Franchising disputes,
- Strata disputes,
- Company disputes and other disputes between owners of a business,
- Shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, Joint Venture disputes,
- Equipment hire disputes,
- Defamation claims and privacy breaches,
- Claims against Company Directors for Insolvent Trading,
- Breach of Directors Duties proceedings,
- Intellectual Property disputes: copyright infringement, trademark infringement, passing off action, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidentiality obligations,
- Commercial lease disputes, Retail Tenancy disputes,
- Legal action against borrowers and guarantors,
- Supply of Services disputes,
- Sale of Goods disputes,
- Sale of Business disputes,
- Consumer and Australian Consumer Law litigation,
- Fraudulent conduct, misrepresentations, misleading and deceptive conduct, advertising,
- Disputes with suppliers or creditors,
- Government decisions, Administrative Law, compliance, and Regulations,
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), mediation, and arbitration,
- Professional negligence litigation.
Frequently Asked Questions
We want you to be a client and a friend, but we don’t need to see you very often. After your initial meeting or consultation with us, we will try to limit face-to-face meeting time. As small business owners ourselves, we recognise your time is valuable. We will use email to inform you of any new developments in your case and we usually phone you when seeking your input.