Have you created something truly unique? Maybe a copyright work, cutting-edge software, an industrial design or an innovative product?
But now you need the advice of an intellectual property (IP) lawyer to protect your hard work from copycats or counterfeiters who might try to hit the market before you.
Our copyright and IP lawyers Sydney can advise and assist you in managing IP law issues, including enforcing your IP rights against counterfeits and false advertising. We can advise you on the best way to protect, commercialise and enforce your intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, design rights and trade secrets.
Protect yourself and your IP with the help of Stevensen Business Lawyers.
How We Help as IP Lawyers Sydney
Stevensen Business Lawyers provides multi-faceted and customised solutions to protect valuable IP assets. As IP lawyers Sydney and nationwide, we can oversee the advancement and protection of your rights. This can include:
- Trademark registration.
- Design registration.
- Domain names.
- Australian business names.
Our services in this area include the following:
- IP rights protection and brand protection.
- Trademark registration overseen by an IP lawyer Sydney.
- Trademark infringement cease and desist letter.
- Commercialisation of your IP rights.
- Work with a patent attorney to protect a new invention.
- Legal help to resolve a trademark dispute or other IP law dispute.
IP Rights Protection and Brand Protection
As IP lawyers Sydney we can oversee the registration of your trademarks with IP Australia and guide you through the process of design registration for your product shapes. We can also advise on your copyright over written material or software code created or commissioned by you.
Where a non-employee has contributed to creating a valuable IP asset, we can prepare a contract recording the commercial arrangement between you. This might be in the form of a royalty, licence or assignment agreement.
If you intend to commercialise or distribute an invention, SBL can work with patent attorneys to simplify the process of registering a patent.
Trademark Registration Overseen by an IP Lawyer
As experienced IP lawyers in Sydney and Australia-wide, SBL can oversee, manage and customise your application to IP Australia to register your logo, Australian business name or the packaging of your product.
Unlike some suppliers of trademark registration services, our experience and knowledge extends well beyond the trademark registration process. We can also help with trademark litigation and drafting contracts to protect your IP interests.
Our team of Sydney business lawyers can help you develop an overall strategy for protecting your brand, logo designs and packaging. Trademark registration in Australia might be just your first step to worldwide distribution.
Trademark Infringement Cease and Desist Letter
It can be overwhelming when a rival trader copies your product, branding or advertising, or falsely represents that they are associated with your business. We can prepare a cease and desist letter on your behalf if another trader has infringed your Australian registered or unregistered trademark.
We can also advise and undertake your defence if you receive a cease and desist letter.
Commercialisation of Your Intellectual Property Rights
Our IP lawyers can help you protect and commercialise your copyright or industrial design rights. We can negotiate and prepare a range of contracts with those who use your material. These could be exclusive or non-exclusive IP licensing agreements or intellectual property assignment agreements.
We help you optimise the commercialisation of your new product’s IP with manufacturer agreements, merchandising agreements or distribution agreements. Our Sydney IP lawyers can also review any contracts proposed by the manufacturer, merchandiser or distributor and negotiate its contents for you.
Resolving a Trademark or IP Law Dispute
SBL’s business dispute lawyers can also advise and represent clients in trademark or other IP disputes. These might include:
- Opposing the proposed registration of a trademark similar to your branding.
- Defending businesses against accusations of passing-off or misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Defending companies against allegations of trademark infringement or copyright infringement.
- Advising and representing owners of branding, copyright or trademarks to protect their IP assets and enforce their IP rights against copycats and counterfeits, including:
- Applying for urgent court injunctions to freeze assets or stop sales of infringing items.
- Bringing court proceedings against infringers of IP rights seeking damages to cover direct losses or accounted for profits made by the infringer.
Get in Touch
Get in touch today. Our expert IP lawyers are here to help protect and enforce your intellectual property rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you own a logo design, a well-known brand name or other brand assets, copyright materials or registered trademarks? Has a another person or business copied your materials or products? If so, you likely need legal help.
We can help you:
- Prepare a cease and desist letter against the infringers. This would set out the allegations of trademark infringement or copyright infringement, passing off for misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Apply for urgent court injunctions to freeze assets or stop the sales items that are infringing on your rights.
- Bring court proceedings against infringers of your IP rights and seek damages to cover losses because of the infringement