How We Work
Drawing on our many years of experience as specialist business lawyers working in Sydney, we will talk you through the options involved in your legal issue, business, or employment contract. You will know the legal fees for each option, so you can make an informed decision on which way to go. We provide straightforward and concise advice on all areas of business law, including:
- What is it going to cost?
- How long is it going to take?
- What documentation is needed?
- How can you protect your rights?
- What are you likely to gain from settling or going to a full Court hearing?
At your first consultation with us, we aim to:
- Discuss the main factual circumstances with you.
- Gain an understanding of your goals and expectations.
- Discuss possible options and consequences of each.
- Identify the legal issues or problems represented by discussing the facts with you as best we can.
- Together with you, formulate a possible strategy or a course of action to achieve your goals (which may change over time as more information comes to light).
- Identify the first step and the legal work involved in answering your questions.
- If we need to look at documents before we scope the legal work involved, identify them.
- Outline the steps involved and a rough schedule for the different stages.
Your first half an hour with us is free and with no obligation. Together, we can achieve a lot in just 30 minutes. Retaining us as your business lawyer involves four steps:
1. Make an appointment.
2. Identify your goals.
3. Talk to us.
4. Receive our cost estimate and give us the go-ahead.
1. Book your free 30-minute consultation
One of our business solicitors will initially discuss your case with you by phone. To make your initial appointment with us, please call or e-mail. The first half an hour is free with no obligation. When you make a booking, we need an honest and brief summary of your situation to quickly and accurately assess it.
2. Summarise the issue and your goals
Before your initial consultation with us, we suggest you summarise key factual points of your issue and identify the key goals you would like to achieve. Write down questions to ask us. If you are contacting us about a business dispute, please write down what happened in your case and locate critical documents that show this. This will assist us in understanding and proving the main points of your case.
3. Initial Consultation: Talk to us
Your first consultation with us is a chance for you to know our approach and be sure you are comfortable working with us. We will keep your discussions with us confidential from the start. You should be completely frank and open. If you make us fully aware of the facts of your case, we will be fully informed. We can then develop a strategy to assist you most effectively.
4. After the initial consultation
After your initial consultation with us, your business lawyer will scope the legal work involved and send you our Cost Estimate and proposed written retainer agreement. Sometimes before scoping the work involved, we might ask to see certain vital documents such as a contract or receive other essential information from you.
Before starting work, we require a deposit into our Solicitor’s Trust Account. This covers upfront expenses (such as building inspection reports) and our professional fees for the initial work. According to the Legal Profession Uniform Law (NSW) 2015 and the Legal Profession Uniform General Rules (NSW) 2015, we can’t withdraw the money from our Solicitor’s Trust Account until the work has been completed and billed to your satisfaction.
Contact us today to speak to a business lawyer and start this process.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of our business solicitors will initially discuss your case with you by phone. To make your initial appointment with us, please call or e-mail. The first half an hour is free with no obligation. When you make a booking, we need an honest and brief summary of your situation so that we can quickly and accurately assess it.